1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub rates for skid steer with bucket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rayf268, Feb 21, 2007.

1. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I was wanting to know what I could get a hour for a skid steer with std bucket subing
    I am in N.E. indiana and the rates around here are lower then most as far as I can tell .
    but I can rent one for under $200 a day and throw my wife in the truck to plow

2. snowcan

snowcan Member

773G bobcat with a 96inch snow bucket....$55.00 per hour canadian. Why not use a snow bucket?

3. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

55 canadian is that what you charge to sub out your own bobcat . thats less then I get for my truck.
    I would be renting the skid and most places I have found don't have snow buckets or pusher to rent .

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

In the winter months my skid spends most of it's time moving pallets of salt since I do not have a plow , pusher or ,snow bucket. I would have to say that your truck will move alot more snow than a skid with a standard bucket. The only time I use the skid is to stack or move snow piles. It is just to slow with the regular bucket. If we do send the loader out to push piles back I think we charge $70 or 75 per hr. My brother does our bids and billing so I can't remember what it's up to now !!!

5. snowcan

snowcan Member

Yeah trucks with 8 ft blades get around the same here $55.00 per hour, and they definetly move faster in a straight line, but the skid is faster in backdragging and more manouverable in condo complexes or apartment buildings plus it piles better, here pusher boxes and snow buckets are standard for winter equipment rentals.

6. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Trucks can do parking lots but they are best left to driveways. Skidsteers are faster and do a better job where snow stays for longer than a few weeks. Mainly the northern states and Canada. :)