1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub rate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

So, what about would a sub be worth with a 03 Chevy 2500hd with an 8.5ft western v plow and a tailgate spreader? I was thinking if he just had the truck and plow around $65/hr or with the plow and spreader $75-85/hr. Does this sound about right for my area?

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was getting $60 an hour last winter with my half ton and 7.6/ 9.7 with wings.

I think some guys are $90-100 with truck,plow,salter.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

It's going to depend on your area. Pricing is very regional based on number of events in your area. It sounds backwards but the more your out the less you'll get per hour.

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

depending on the accounts... iv heard this way as low as 65 per hr and as high as 95 per hr...i think 75 is about the average, but with fuel , prices might go up....

i know alot of accounts that pay hourly...i have to price in the $80 dollar range to be compedative...so if i was gonna sub to someone else i really couldnt go more than $70

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, because I have a guy that may help me out this winter. I just need to know, so I can bid on some jobs accordingly. I may just give him a bunch of drives to plow instead of having him do lots with me, since he doesn't have experience. I was thinking I could give him a flat rate per drive that he plows. Does anyone do this?

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

flat rate doesnt sound like a bad way to go.... if this is ur first year with this guy, it also might be the best way, at least you can predict how much u will profit, when it does snow

as for ur bidding... iv learened this in my area....

the rate which i charge to "plow a lot" is around 120 per hr , soon to be going up

however in the bid request , they ask for any hourly rate for call backs and drifting, ....that price has to be cheap , like 75 - 80 per hour...because they are taking bids from larger companies like brickman , and thats what they charge

7. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

our subs will be getting between $65-$200 per hr.

65 for light duty pickups. up to 200 for equipment or full size dumps.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  8. Chevy03dump

Chevy03dump Member

Holy cr@p, need any help?

9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

yea. what do you got? gotta come to CT too