1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub rate for atv

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jeepxj, Oct 19, 2007.

1. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

What kind of rates are you guys getting for atv sub. How many hours are guaranteed? Just wondering what everyone else is getting.
  2. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

granted its a 4x4, billable rate is between 55 and 85 an hr for a quad. As a sub id be more than happy with 20% less than the billable price. so 40-60 an hour is good, as always i feel bad for the guy on the thing, but when you can charge almost as much as youre getting for a subcontracted truck, its all good, its not worth me doing anythjing unless i can send it out for 5 hours, and thats how i feel about any subbed out trucks, 5 hours on a decent storm and ill be there. I only sub out the quad to one site, where it goes by itself and its out for 8 hours or more each event, its the Bryn Athn Cathedral with about 15 miles of walking trails
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  3. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

yeah that's what I figure. Subs are around 60-65 with truck and atv is 50 not too bad considering the costs.
  4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I should of put a plow on the quad instead of the truck!