1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowfever, Dec 5, 2011.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I have recently picked up a few more accounts and I wasn't planning on adding anymore but these are perfect because I will get the entire contract for the lawn next year also. I am thinking I will just sub out a few of my other accounts that are not out of my way to make room for these. My question is I have already set my price for the contracts I would sub out. I am cheaper than everyone else in my area because I have near zero overhead and my expenses are so low I can charge less and still make a good profit. I am wondering how to go about subbing someone out when I don't really have the ability to mark up there price now since I am already locked in. Any advise would be great.

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

You are going to have to low ball the low baller! Isn't this just great for the professionals.

Good luck with the accounts, hope their expectations are not too high, second thought you may be just fine.

3. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I am in the process of finding someone now. Do you guys make them sign a no compete clause? I know there are a few of the other lawn guys in town that would probably do a good job but it makes me nervious hiring a fellow competitor.

4. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

Hire someone that isnt a competitor. Pay him what you are getting paid and make money on the salt. You are looking for the summer work in the long run right?

5. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

Summer work is one aspect as well as me just having a skid steer so if I stayed in the same area it would be easier because of having to haul it to the other place. These other two places are just down the street from both of my other properties so it is a perfect fit. I hate having this property a town over but it is a very good account for me in the summer so I don't want to give that up just because I can't do the snow. Everyone here wants one person to do it all.