1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by TonyRC, Oct 28, 2015.

1. TonyRC

TonyRC Junior Member

I have worked locally and plowed for City during Major Blizzard a few years back
    I am now sub contractor for local company that has large business parks, distribution centers, etc.
    I only have a skid steer and the company pays $80/hr
    I also have a plow with wings for the skid steer but not sure they are paying more for this set up as I mentioned this and they said they had a "rate for skid steers"

Is it worth more per hour as it is much more productive than a standard bucket on a skid steer ?
    Do Contractors usually pay more for this set up?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

They may or may not. Most times they'll tell you exactly what they'll pay, and what they require for equipment. You could hold out for more, but that probably wouldn't work out well for you. If you're okay with the 80.00 per hour, just use the bucket if they don't want to pay you for the plow.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your a contractor too, waite maybe not.
    You pay employees by the hr...
    https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Smal...ependent-Contractor-Self-Employed-or-Employee

Not that being a employee is a bad thing.
    If they are treatng you as a employee but paying you like a contractor they are stealing from you, ie no SS or workmansp comp, nemloyment being pay
    On your behalf.

Your pay Rate is up to you, everything is negoshatabel.
    Does your company make money, sending out a skidsteer with operator at $80 an hr?