1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub-pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by nuk, Oct 31, 2013.

1. nuk

nuk Junior Member
    from seattle

Hi, I bought a Meyers LotPro a couple of years ago to augment our recycling business and I have it installed on my 2000 GMC 2500 4X4 long bed extended cab. The first year I got subbed by our landlord to plow some Home Depots for them. They paid me well I thought for the first time doing this. The next year no snow, but that happens a lot around Seattle. This year I have been contacted to be a sub for a chain of three warehouses. The general contractor wants to pay on a per event basis (plow every one inch accumulated, de-ice as needed), with an eight hour window between snows to qualify as a new event. It almost seems like using CaCl2 (no salt can be used around here) would be a more profitable way to keep the areas clear as opposed to plowing and shoveling. Would you guys agree? If so would flakes or liquids be better. I do not yet have a spreader or sprayer. The price they are offering seems low. One lot is about 34k sq.ft. the de-icing they value at $55/application, and snow removal at $52/inch. Another lot is 150k sq.ft. the de-icing they value at $180/application, and snow removal at $153/inch. Another lot is 327k sq.ft. the de-icing they value at $190/application, and snow removal at $160/inch. Thanks for any input. Nuk.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Way to low. Just to look at the middle sized lot, 150,000 square feet is over 3 acres of lot. That alone should take aprox 3 hours of plowing time, and you should be looking at around a ton of de-icer material.
    If I was bidding that, I would be at 250 to 275 on the plowing, and 350 for de-icing.
    The 8 hours between snowfalls to count as a separate event is just plain stupid. I don't know what the weater is like there, but here if could snow for 24 to 48 hours straight. Does that mean you have to plow 4 or 5 times for the price of 1? I would pass before I plowed for that kind of money. It would be cheaper to stay home in bed then to go broke trying to make a buck.

3. nuk

nuk Junior Member
    from seattle

Thanks for the insight RC