1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub hrly rate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PeakInc, Dec 23, 2008.

1. PeakInc

PeakInc Junior Member

My ? is this, what are you guys paying your subs if you don't mind me asking and do you pay the same or more for bigger blades/ V's bc in my area the prices are all over the board Thanks
  2. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

my subs get $70 per hour (all 8' str. blades) and I require him to carry my gps route calculater to supervise that hes movin and not sittin at burgerking drinking coffee. Most make between $35-$200per hour just depends on the situation. The wider the blade the high the pay since its quicker with a 10' blade, but so is common sense.
    I personally dont pay more for bigger blades but bigger brains.
  3. PeakInc

PeakInc Junior Member

MIwinter thanks for the reply I was paying 70-75 my situation is different bc of my other job. buddy mine is getting paid 65/hr another buddy is paying his subs 50/hr I told him to keep those subs.