1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub hourly rates

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by peconicwaters, Dec 28, 2008.

1. peconicwaters

peconicwaters Junior Member
    from L.I N.Y

I am in L.I New york and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a fair rate of pay was for a sub in my area.
  2. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

i get $60 an hour but i am in southwestern ontario.
  3. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

I was offered $50 an hour with my truck, before I got to many accounts and couldnt help him
  4. jojosaw

jojosaw Junior Member
    from Mass

Also wondering same thing? I have a friend with a landscaping business, who just got some new big accounts and cant keep up with some lots close to me. I also work for A local town hiway dept. I get 74/hr for the town, and when original asked to do the lots I was told they could pay that. I got a call that I had a check, the hours I put in for were correct but the check worked out to about $40/Hr. These lots also have a decent amount of pathways that I have to shovel also.
  5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Should have gotten it in writing I do not do crap with out a contract. have been screwed over to many times!!

I'd go back to just doing the high hwy stuff and tell you low ball friend that the state gave you some more work for a higher rate then $40 hell I would not have left the shop for that, hell thats close to what we charge for hand labor!!