1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub division bid help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dermot911, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dermot911

dermot911 Junior Member

How much would you charge to plow a 1 mile sub by about 20 feet across roads only, and also salt? I have a f 250 with a 5.4 triton and also a f 150 with a 4.6 do you think they can handel this job?:dizzy:
  2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I dont think that you would have a problem handling it with your equipment. Pricing depends on several factors such as, is it paved or dirt, is it under construction or do people live on the street, is it flat or hilly, any cul-de-sacs?
  3. dermot911

dermot911 Junior Member

The subdivision is pretty new, so the pavement is flat and also the 1 mile stretch is in the shape of a "P", also maybe a few residents do park on the street, therefore I believe it would be a pretty easy job, but i'm clueless on a bid for this job.
  4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the salt or is this for a municipality that provides it for you? The contractor that plows for our town gets $85/hr. for a 5-yd. and we provide the salt. I would charge by the hour in this case. If you do it XXX dollars per push it'll be easy at 2" but watch how much harder you work when there's 6" on the road. Also, what is your trigger? We as a local government are on the roads as soon as the police report dangerous driving conditions, which could be a little as a 1/2" of snow. Don't forget, you are selling more than pushing snow off a street, you are also selling realiability. Having someone they can count on no matter what will prove to be priceless if you can show them you can be.:waving:
  5. dermot911

dermot911 Junior Member

i will be buying the salt myself, and being dependable will not be a problem because i dont have **** for accounts.
  6. dermot911

dermot911 Junior Member

also, how far with a ton of salt go. would that cover the mile?