1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub contractor, written contract? Needing help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jvm81, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have two locations within 30 miles. I am seriously thinking of subbing out one location. UP till now we did it all but its a mess, back n forth, snow here but hardly there, etc. Thing is he is another competitor in the lawn care side of business. We get along and seldom swap accounts or go after each others. He does good work and has the equipment but my snow load with increase his snow load by 75%. We both agreed if its a go, we need documentation but where do I begin, obtain such paper work and etc.

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Your lawyer.

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Ditto, but in the contract I would have some type of verbage that he can not go after the account.

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Adding in a non-compete for any accounts that he may do for you would be a good idea, that way at least you both can go after other accounts, but he can't come after the ones he's doing for you.

5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Thanks guys - made the call.