1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub-contractor routes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I subbed for a Very large snow removal company last year and they sent me a letter back in august asking if I was subbing again this year, well I contacted them about 4 weeks ago and they said they are still working on routes, well I call yesterday and get the same answer

Should I be looking for other work or should I hang tight?
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't worry about it yet. Contracts are still coming in yet for many companies as customers are dragging their feet this year. If you get the same answer in a couple weeks, it's time to start looking.
  3. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

just trying to get everything in-line and ready to roll
  4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I'll be lucky to have final routes to show my drivers and subs before 11/15.
    Contracts flowing in daily and will continue until early dec.
    Plus ,10 % of customers think day of first storm is a good time to get on board.
    Been like that for 25 yrs, I don't get it, it snows 7 ft EVERY winter up here.
  5. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

More and more lot owners have not signed up yet, still trying to cut their costs. I've lost several this year to low ballers shootin in, worse this year then ever. (One I've done every year for 12 years! The manager said price isn't everything, but the owner pays the bills) First big snow fall and I'll get some calls from old customers and give them my new price!! (+$$ from what was previously quoted!)