1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Contractor Rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joeco129, Nov 3, 2007.

1. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

I've been doing residential plowing, for myself, for some time now but recently have been asked by some commercial companies if I am interested in sub contracting for them, with my truck... a 2004 F350 Diesel, 8' Western Pro... They all have asked what I would want per hour for subbing... I got a feeling they are looking to low ball me so I want to know what range I should be in. I am in Connecticut... and it would be some residential and some commercial lots...

Someone here locally told me at absolute minimum, $100 and hour... He also said he thought subs were getting more now like $125-$150 and hour... I could use the work so I don't want to be too high either. Also, If I put a sander on my truck (been considering it) how much more per hour is that worth?

Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't look for too much info on here.

You'll have to find the guys in your area to help you out.

Go to the networking area of this site, look up areas close to you and try to track down those members.

Where I'm at in MN, I'm doing my best to get $125 / hour for a truck as the company, NOT a sub.

Most guys around here are getting $65-70 for a truck w/8' plow, and subs are running $50-65 / hour.