1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Contracting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SidelinePropMgm, Nov 29, 2002.

1. SidelinePropMgm

SidelinePropMgm Junior Member

I am attempting to sub-contract my plowing services in Dayaton Ohio. What amount of bonding/liability insurance would be adequate (in general). I am plowing with a chevy 3500 crew cab dually.
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Generally speaking, you will want as much as the business you are subbing for. My business carries 1 mil, and all the subs do as well.
  3. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

I would look into getting a little extra coverage if you're planning on doing driveways with that monster!;) Most guys in my area have 1mil. accross the board,remember not only do you need liability on your business truck policy,but you should have business liability & workers comp.too.A fed tax id helps as well.