1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub contracting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trainhorntruck, Feb 28, 2012.

1. trainhorntruck

trainhorntruck Member
    from CT

I was getting bids for snow removal and I have a backhoe to load to the snow and I got a bid for a triaxle and it was 200 an hr that seemed a little high i was wonder if that was in the ball park ?

2. strokerpuller

strokerpuller Member

I'm getting quad axel dump trucks for $80 an hour. But diffrent areas have diffrent expenses.

3. trainhorntruck

trainhorntruck Member
    from CT

that sounds a little better

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Going rate around here is $55-$75/hr. If you pay $200 an hour you have lost your mind.

5. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

here in ny 5 min from the ct boarder it between 85 and 110 per hr there was a lady out a ct in a western star for 60 an hr not to long a go but haven't seen her in a wile

6. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

$75 to $90 for a tri /$90 to $110 for a trlr dump up here in the Peoples Republic of Massholes

7. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

The only question I have was he hauling to your site to dump the snow or to his own site (where he is paying x amount to dump)

8. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

Good point, but $100+/- to dump snow is a little steep unless he's in a city type area

9. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

At 60.00 per hour there is a good reason you havent seen her. You cant run a truck for that for any length of time and stay in business. I run a quad axle for a summer living and it is always amazing at what guys will run for especially when a dump is one of the costliest vehicles to maintain and to even purchase. Of course there is always here today gone tomorrow. Right now a new Kenworth quad in WI completetly setup is going for $185,000.00. Try paying those loan coupons with 4.00 fuel and 60.00 per hour rates.

10. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok I have to ask, whats the advantage with a quad axle? More weight & more parts seems to mean more repair and maintenance costs to me. Just curious as to the advantage over a triaxle.

11. trainhorntruck

trainhorntruck Member
    from CT

Ya i told the guy to pound sand

12. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

yeah she's gota be out of business

13. NFDDJS

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

$83/hr for 10 wheeler and $95/hr for tri-axles. Anybody that is doing it for less than $70 an hour is crazy. I have many times been offered work but they only want to pay $60 to $65 an hour. No way, one thing goes wrong and you dont make anything. Unless you run junk you cant run trucks that cheap.

14. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

rate here is aprox 85 hr