1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub contracting pricing for plowing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BAMP, Sep 1, 2014.

1. BAMP

BAMP Junior Member

Hi,I'm just wondering what an average hourly rate is to charge for plowing,through sub contracting?
    Kitchener/Waterloo area
    Thanks for any helpful info in advance.tymusic

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Usually it's what they will pay you.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

What size blade, how old of a truck, do you carry your own insurance or use their umbrella policy, salter in you r truck or not???

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

What to charge

I think you should start with what's it cost you to run your truck & plow. If you are not sure about that, check out this link. http://www.profitsareus.com/product...at-you-charge-spreadsheet-cd-microsoft-excel/

This CD will calculate your cost per hour for your truck, plow and labor. At that point, you at least know where the bottom is at for your services and not based on an industry standard. It keeps you from under-selling yourself. Add to that number what you want to so you can determine selling price per hour as a sub.

Good luck this year.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Just a suggestion but you may want to go to a digital download format. CDs are quickly becoming a thing if the past. Personally, I wouldn't buy it just because of the CDs

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Thanks for the input

When you order you are actually given a link to download right then. Some are still requesting the hard copy.

7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

If you have your own truck and insurance it can be anywhere from $50-$80 an hour.

8. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Any truck with a V plow and insurance, willing to be on time and stay till the storm is cleaned up is worth $80 minimum to my mind, no matter where it is. Just an opinion...

9. BAMP

BAMP Junior Member

Thanks,that's what I needed to know.