1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub-Contracting Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by A.K_Donaldson, Jun 27, 2010.

1. A.K_Donaldson

A.K_Donaldson Junior Member

Hey everyone I am considering subbing next winter. Was wondering if anyone from ontario mainly the northumberland Quinte area could tell me whats the average rate of pay per hour for sub contracting. And how much total per season on a good year i could be making. I know its never simple to judge a total never knowing what total snowfall ammounts we could be receiving but general ball park average. This winter I will hopefully be on call full time with one of our local contractors and would like to try it out for my self. Is subcontracting the best way to get into the industry before setting out on your own or am i way off. Just a note to i wouldnt mind hearing any experiences from your sub contracting days good or bad. Any and all help much appreciated. A.K Donaldson

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

since you are new you probably don't know this, but most of the Canadian shop chat is done in the Canadian weather thread. post this in there and you well get loads of help

3. A.K_Donaldson

A.K_Donaldson Junior Member

Thanks I will re-post there then