1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Contracting a Truck & Driver

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dmjr77, Nov 26, 2007.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I was approached today by another plow contractor. He would like to use me as a subcontractor to help him out on his commercial accounts. What is a truck with plow and driver worth per hour?

Thank You
  2. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

You are the best one to determine the answer, What is your overhead? ( Don't forget to factor in: wages, insurance, depreciation, maintenance, fuel, etc) How much does it cost you per hour to have the truck and driver on the road? How much profit do you need from it? What is the market like in your area?

Once you answer these questions, you will arrive at your own hourly rate.
  3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

here theres a big range well give about $60/hour...i have a buddy who offered a guy $45/hour for his truck and plow...and i have heard of guys getting $75-$85/hour
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Anywhere between $60 and $8o is a good place to start. Just remember gas prices are going up too.