1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Contract or Plow for town/State

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigDave12768, Feb 21, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I have been reading posts on this site about guys working for the State and Towns and not being called out. I have also seen Sub contractors not getting called out. This post is geared towards the people that cant/wont take on the responabilty of Larger lots. I am not saying dont line up a couple real small lots and driveways for a few extra bucks. But you really want the town/Sub money to roll in.

From what I can see late in the season. The towns and State are out of money and not calling in as many Subs. With all the Cut backs. Do you see Towns dropping rates and cutting back hours next year? I mean from the start. I havent been following how Chicago is doing with there plan. But they may be setting the bar for the rest of the country. So if they cut back that means alot more coming into the Sub business and really low balling lots. And with the posts on this site about Companies looking for discounts and not paying. Seems like 2010 season could feel the bite of the recession.