1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub available southeastern mass

Discussion in 'Employment' started by beungood, Feb 11, 2006.

1. beungood

beungood Member

I am in Braintree and will travel to plow. Have a 2500HD with 8 foot snoway Ht plow.

Jack

2. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

if you want to plow for your town i bet they would hire you in an instant, if not, quincy is going crazy right now looking for plowers for the city. you can take a stop by there. :drinkup:

3. beungood

beungood Member

Our town won't let plow

Our town will not let us plow either, as Quincy has barred their Police and Firefighters. I think I would have to re-register my truck under a family member and then have them drive it. I may run by Quincy Public works tomorrow am and give them a try otherwise I will just have to cruise neighboorhoods.

JAck

4. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

what city/town are yoou a cop/figher fighter in?

5. T.W. Barrett

T.W. Barrett Junior Member

Whats the City of Quincy paying? Are they set up like the Mass State highway dept? Meaning no leeway, slow and late paying, GPS. State starts at $50 hr. I left the State because they wouldnt allow me to break off the route do my condos and drives then come back. Plus the state now follows you in unmarked cars to watch.

6. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

i think its around 65 for a regular 1 ton with just a plow and 80 an hour with a salter, they supply.

7. T.W. Barrett

thanx might check it out

8. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

did you try it?

9. T.W. Barrett

I left a message yesterday at noon for the Quincy dpw. If I dont get a call I will go down to the main yard.

10. jeff45

jeff45 Junior Member

any luck? my bobcat is still working for the city at nights cleaning the side walkspayup

11. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

If You Want To Work In The Danvers Area I Pay 60 An Hour For An 8 Ft

12. beungood

beungood Member

06/07

I'll work for you this year if you need some subs

13. beungood

beungood Member

Quincy is hiring

A firend gave me the rates for 2005 and it starts at $60/hr for 3/4-1 ton and goes up. I am a Cop in Braintree and we were told we can't plow for the town. The roads are horrible though so I rather plow for Quincy. I hear they might bbe having an Oreintation either this week or next for this season.

14. T.W. Barrett

I just jumped on in Hanover, they are still looking.