1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stupider than dumb

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by skippy867, Dec 12, 2009.

1. skippy867

skippy867 Member

so today i was walking out of the store to my truck( 03 chevy 2500hd w/ duramax crew cab with a 8'6" mvp on the front) when this guy steps out of his truck ( f-150) and ask's me how i like my plow. i said " really good". then he asks if that plow was to much for my LITTLE truck. i looked back and my truck and asked him what little truck. then he says he has herd bad things about the Chevy with the duramax. i again asked him ,"like what". his reply was that they were way under powered. thanks for wasting 5 min of my life i can never get back!!! :gunsfiring: fricken ford guys..lol

2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Thoes Ford guys always put down GM. Deep down inside he really wants one. MOST Ford owners just need something in their life to boost their ego like the F-150 guy. Us GM guys dont need ego boosters and are happy with them. My cousin has a fleet of over 30 F-350's from 2000-2009 and he always puts down my 5 GM's that i rarely have issued with and when i hear his going down the road it sounds like its just crying.

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I am a Ford guy.
    I now own two great GM's no Fords . Ya, I like fords but, now gm is has the best truck for plowing in my book .

4. skippy867

skippy867 Member

welcome to our side!!! lol:drinkup:

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Welcome! Ford guys are just jealous!ussmileyflag

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Come on guy you know if BMW made trucks you would all own one ....

7. Indy

Indy Senior Member

this should turn out nice:popcorn:

8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Why? So we could all be in the same class as strippers?:DBMW----vehicle of choice for exotic dancers.They probably have a different definition than us for a ''PLOW JOB.'' Lol

9. mow4cash

mow4cash Member

Isn't that the strongest engine they put in a truck? Im still waiting for someone to make a real truck. But it would probably cost to much to be realistic. I like my chevy and the ford i had but neither one is really that good imo. I guess a truck will always be a truck and a dozer will be a dozer.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Shoulda taken him for a ride!

11. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Thats great...... underpowered. Come on now his dad must have had a f-150 with 600,000 miles and the original oil still in it with no problems right. Gotta love those guys

12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

HA, same guy that goes to home depot and drops a pallet of bricks or 30 sheets of 1/2" drywall in his f-150 because Mike Rowe says he can!

There is nothing wrong with Ford but there is something wrong with people who think any 1/2 ton is an actual work truck. But there is also nothing wrong with 1/2 tons either, they have their place.......somewhere, I don't know where but I am sure they do. Probably at the car wash or moving matresses I don't know.

13. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I have been wondering the same thing about 1/2 ton trucks, what good are they ? maybe we are the fools wasting the extra money on 2500 and 3500 trucks

I had a guy in a tundra with a homesteader tell me he would out plow my 2500hd with a 8'6" V plow. We were parked next to each other you should have seen my plow dawrf his

Same goes for their 10,000 pound towing capicity. I would love to see somebody with any 1/2 ton truck tow a cat 247 or a T300 day in and day out

14. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

BMW doesn't, but Mercedes does, it's called Unimog. Hard to beat one of those and the N.A domestics don't have a hope in he**, none of them....:)

15. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Please dont include all ford guys with that one if they stopped making Fords i would buy a Chevy or GMC. You know they are a step up from a Dodge. :laughing::laughing::waving::waving:

16. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

thanks It was a profit decision . as in I needed a truck that would make money all night. Plus parts are every where .

17. The Big Push

The Big Push Junior Member
    from Ontario

I've a customer with a Unimog, but the pr#*k won't sell it to me(It's also a soft top, not sure that is a good idea) but, man, 6 wheel dive?!!! Sh#t yeah!!!

18. AIMscapes

AIMscapes Member

Let's be honest here. As long as you're not plowing with Dodge, you will be just fine. Fords are nice to plow with, as well as Chevys. Each of my trucks have their own little perks. Regardless, the better you equip your truck to plow, the better it will plow. Good luck.

19. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Six wheel drive, sure it's not a Pinzgauer 712? Don't think there is a Unimog in six wheel drive. Sure it's not one of the other MB lines? Some of their commercial lines had it, but I don't think the Unimog did, can you find out what model? Curious minds want to know. :waving:

Here's a pic of a Pinzgauer 712, does it look like this:

http://www.buypinzgauer.com/sale_6wheel.htm

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  20. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You guys picking on Dodges have a lot to learn.

I've had no problems with mine yet, other than frying the torque converter with 1000 lbs of torque, which can not be blamed on the truck in any manner.

The Dodge has a real front suspension, unlike the Chevy, so you wont ever see a Dodge guy making a thread about why is the front of his truck dragging on the ground all the time.

It also has the only medium duty rated diesel of the three. Ford and Chevy diesels are classified as light duty. The Cummins makes more torque at lower RPM's, where it is needed when plowing. This is just one of the reasons why the Cummins gets superior fuel economy.

I'm not saying Ford or Chevy is bad, but I have have no complaints about my Dodge. Some of you guys just need to stop repeating what you heard from a guy, who knows, a guy, who knows a guy......