1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by YardWorksSD, Jan 21, 2008.

1. YardWorksSD

YardWorksSD Junior Member
    from 4

Hello all! I was wondering if someone could help on a small issue I have. I have always done my resi's with either a ATV or my skidloader. I am sick of hauling around the trailer, unloading, taking off the trailer, blah, blah, blah. I think you all know what I am talking about. This year I bought a plow and have not used it much with the smaller accounts because I guess I am used to doing it a different way but would like to use my plow. When you come up to a garage and want to back drag, how do you get away from it floating and just going over the snow. Then you have the tire tracks that you just packed down. Any info would help!
    Thanks!
    Zach:dizzy:

2. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

I had a Meyers 7.5 blade that I finally sold last year. It would float after backdragging for 15 feet. I have seen several versions of a back dragging (device) that mounts on the backside of the cutting edge. Never used one. Maybe someone else can vouch for them.

This year I purchased a Snoway with down pressure and the (one snow) that I was able to actually plow, the down pressure worked great. I have 35 feet of loading dock (concrete) to back drag. Piece of cake......

Here's hoping for more snow......xysportxysportxysport

3. gump

gump Member

There is really nothing you can do about it floating over the snow. What I have done in the past is make one swipe back draging ,then plow toward the garage and stop about 1 or 2 feet away, then back drag again, sometimes it works out ok. this is the reason I bought the snoway with down pressure.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Driveways and SNo-Ways are excellent!

For other plows you need a back drag blade. Otherwise you will float easier. If it's deep push on an angle forward, lift then back drag. Push forward on the same path and lift the blade short of the garage then pull back again. Depends on the depth of the snow. If it's not deep then a pull should work with a back drag blade.

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

you could get a western pro with the backdrag edge. or a hiniker reversible C plow. or a swingwing. personally i like the swingwing. i have one dont really use it a whole lot but its great to have for driveways.

or get a plow that is hydrolicly (sp?) lifted. so u can use the downforce. to drag. IMHO i dont like that i like chain lift plows. but its all personal preferance.

hope this helps

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Personally I won't plow with anything but a Sno-Way with down pressure.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I do this same method most of the time. It may take 2 or 3 times, but I can just about always get all the way down to the pavement. It's fine by me for this method to take longer, my shovelers have quite a bit of work to do, and I am usually done before them anyway.