1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 042500hd, Jan 20, 2005.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I'm an idiot I just went out to plow on my way back thought I should wash it while I have the plow on so I can hose off the plow also. Well it's about 5 degrees so needless to say everything froze almost instantly, what a pain I had getting the plow off everything was frozen. Well at least the salts gone.

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

lol, now that is funny, guess you learned your lesson, dont wash your plow when it is 5 out. :) of course i have done it before. leaves i nice protective coating of ice on everything.

3. Go Pats

Go Pats Junior Member

at least salt won't stick to ice coated equipment

4. wddodge

wddodge Member

I usually visit the local carwash when I'm done with the route. Sure does help with the rust problems. Then I back the truck and blade into the garage and drive the van till it snows again. It sure is nice having a spare vehical. :) :)

Denny

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

It would be even nicer to have a door on the building big enough to drive the truck thru!

Spare vehicles I'm not lacking... just space!!!

6. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt :dizzy:
    Now what I do when the plow is salty is to use a spray bottle with windshield wash in it, spray it on wand wipe it off, then spray lube all the pivot points, pins, etc. It's a pain in the butt and takes a little time, but it's worth protecting the big inve$tment I have in the thing. That bottle of washer fluid is handy for cleaning the side windows off while plowing during peak salt times, which in the Buffalo NY area is from Mid November to April first. :eek: