1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Weatherman

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Kennedy81, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

So the forcast for Tuesday night/Wednesday morning was "Chance of flurries, less than 1" possible, mainly before 3am". It was clear at midnight. I look outside a 3:30am, perfectly clear. Look outside at 6:30am, and there is nearly 4" of snow on the ground, and its still comming down hard. Due to the forcast I didn't even have the blade on one of my trucks. One of my subs' had his truck in the shop and was out of commision. By the time I called everyone out to get started it was 7am; about two hours late. I felt like we were playing catch up all day. The first lot we did had another 1" on it by 10pm, so I had clean up work to do.
    So Whats the moral of the story, don't listen to the weatherman. Twice they've said we were going to be getting 6"+ and we've got none, now they say we aren't going to get anything and when its all said and done we got nearly 6".
    On another note, I picked up a rather large well paying acount today (Thanks Payton)

2. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I've had that happen to me a couple of times, so now I keep the plow and salter on overnight. If it doesn't snow, I'll take it off, if it does snow, I'm 1 step ahead of the game.

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I saw something funny in the newspaper the other day..

A meterologist had an atricle about how they were always bashed when the forecast was wrong, but never complimented when they got it right..

A person responded to the article a few days later, and said " Well I would be the first to compliment them if they got a forecast right, but they have yet to get one forecast right this winter! Must be nice to keep a job where you can get by being right only 5% of the time all year."

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Was it.

Mike,Don or Kevin?

5. kmg365

kmg365 Junior Member

Glad to see my area isn't the only place where the weatherman is alway wrong.:realmad:

6. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

If they get it right: "Thank you Mr. Weatherman for doing your job and telling me what I need to know to do my job.

When they get it worong: "Sorry Miss. Customer, but the weather man said it wasn't going to snow last night so I slept in."
    "That's okay Mr. Plowguy. I only expect you to do it right 5% of the time. Here is your pay check."