1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid stupid stupid me!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Perry., Mar 30, 2014.

1. Perry.

Perry. Member

so i was at our Volkswagen dealer relocating some snow when this happened !!!
    it's a brand new 2014 VW.. called the owner who is also my boss
    and his answer was
    (sh*t happens don't do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have been working for him for the last 15 years and doing all our snow removal for the last 12 years this is my first accident...
    I feel like a dumb ass ..................

so guys go ahead tell me how dumb I am

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That doesn't seem that bad, maybe the pictures don't do it justice.
  3. Perry.

Perry. Member

Did you see the first pic there is a boulder sticking out of the back seat.
  4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

mehhh. a new window and a few hours with a buffer and it will look like new again.
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

In picture #2, are the body lines messed up, or is that just the picture deformed ?

Rear door / front door / rear pillar ????

IDK.... That doesn't look right.

Stupid ? That depends if you've ever done it before. If not, I'd say it's just a bad mistake.....

Now if you do it again...well, then I'd have to agree with the title of this thread.
  6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah..look at the car across from it in the same paint scheme...body lines are straight on that car..( at least from these pics)
  7. Perry.

Perry. Member

no it's just the protective wrapper the . there is a small dent on the trunk
  8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your boss has already let it go, you will always kick yourself about it. I backed over a light post at a customers when I was 22, I still can't shake the stupid feeling and I'm 44 now. Maybe check up on the car in 20 years and see if it still matters...
  9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I did some on/off site relocations at a car dealership this year, I was very very nervous the entire time.
  10. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Stuff like this can happen. Live and learn. Sounds like you have a good understanding boss. :)
  11. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

**** happens every 1 has accidents
  12. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

your boss let it go, however that old man walking the dog across the street won't. when the glass broke, it caused the dog to jump pulling the man's back out. You will hear from the man's lawyer on Monday and don't think for a moment that the dog won't need couseling
  13. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

lesson learned pull back snow then scoop!....now carry on
  14. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Sounds like you have a great boss, and it sounds like your boss has a great employee. Chit happens!! It would be stupid, if you didn't feel bad about it.
  15. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I didn't see that it broke the window, my bad.
  16. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, the woman that slipped at Target and sued me, wants your name and address:laughing:
  17. eastcoastjava

eastcoastjava Senior Member
    from Boston

No one got hurt, new glass big whoop.sh** happens man. I get how you feel I broke a taillight on one of our trucks and feel like a jerk for doing that.
  18. Ronix

Ronix Junior Member
    from Kansas

Happens to the best of us, all you can do is learn from your mistakes!
  19. tbi

tbi Member
    from CNY

What's the problem? That will buff right out.