1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stupid Store manager at restaurant

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by APLC, Feb 8, 2010.

1. APLC

APLC Senior Member

So I go in to a local restaurant that we plow and do the mowing at today just to check and make sure they are happy with everything. So I ask for the big guy I always deal with and he was busy i guess and some little Pin head guy comes out. So I tell him who I am and inform him im just checking with them to make sure all is well with plowing and to check about mowing this year. Oh I almost forgot that I plow this place personally every time it snows, anyway he says " yeah im glad you came by the guy that plows never plows in front of our garbage cans" so in my head im like your a F Liar:angry:, but I went ahead and said ill make sure from know on it gets taken care of, then he continues to tell me things that we are not doing (stuff that is not in our contract). Then to top it all off he comes off with " my daughter plows snow locally now this year since she lost her job and im sure she will be able to do a better job" WTF So now im pissed:angry: but still bit my tongue and said ill just come back when i can talk to the big guy WTF I feel like he is tryng to sabotage us
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

As long as you're doing a good job I wouldn't worry too much. Talk to the head guy you usually deal with, and bring up everything the last ass jockey you spoke with said. Find out if any of it really is an issue or not, and go from there
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take a picture before and after you plow then go ask him if there is a problem.
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

5. APLC

APLC Senior Member

thanks for all the good comment, Yeah im taking pics from know on, and yeah the Joe dirt skit is the way I feel lol

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

Talk to the general manager and be blont and honest and tell him your concerns.Tell him you get what you pay for. Tell him it might be a conflict of interest if he hire the pinheads kid.Kill him with kindness,Don't kiss his a++.Tell him even if he goes with someone else you will be there when they screw up at a higher price.Remember be business like....
  7. plowking15

plowking15 Member

Maybe the meathead assistant doesn't realize that his daughter will need slip and fall insurance to plow commercial account. Breakdowns, repaIrs is another problem. He doesn't have a clue.just sees you making money. I get that crap all the time, they think you are wealthy because your name is on the door. plowking
  8. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

if you are doing a good job you should have no worries, thing is when you are good people get complacent and take you job for granted, there are hundreds of stories like this where the client give up their contractor and have snow services turn into a horror show! Even if you lose it chances are you will get it back at a better rate with the refferal of all referals to boot! Or perhaps you can point this out and tell the big boss you do not want him to be another on of tose "sad" stories, big storm, no service, no customers!
  9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Insurance??? never heard of that.....oh you must be talking about health insurance.
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Talk to the "big guy" and see what he says and then tell him what his worker told you.
  11. APLC

APLC Senior Member

thanks guys i have my cell with me all the time i just went ahead and took pics of everything while i was there. since yesterday was all nice and sunny and today wham 12inches lol didnt see that guy today :laughing:
  12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Oh you gotta love them commercial properties, I had a 16 year "manager" at McDonalds try to tell me how to plow their drive thru one time......
  13. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I've been considering a dash cam, that records. (under $300) Not just for that purpose but to catch some of the funny stuff you see when plowing.
  14. SnowGuy73

What kind are you looking at, and where from?
  15. procut

procut Senior Member

In my expirience, places like that don't want to be bothered by the "plow guy". Unless they contact you, everything is probably fine, no need to go in and bug them about it.
  16. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

17. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

What in the world are you wasting time going in there for? I do a good job and get the heck out of there and on to the next place ASAP.
  18. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

He obviously just wants the job for his daughter. shes probably having trouble getting what she wants and he thinks that if you screw up its all hers. he wants her to be doing it instead of you. wait for the manager to talk to you because he is ultimately all that matters to you. making it look like you arent doing your job correctly when you most likely are
  19. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

ALWAYS talk to the person in charge of contract. You wouldn't deal with a kid at a residential, you'd deal with the homeowner. Same with your problem.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  20. SnowGuy73