1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Sounding? Yes, but it's something I need

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Jan 8, 2005.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

In the old days, there were MANY standard v-plows for tractors, heavy duty as well. I need one. I also need a one way plow. Max width should be 45 inches, as I plow sidewalks.

I remember seeing advertisements on ebay and elsewhere of these plows, one way models and vee plow models for sidewalks, but they were from the 1930's or something.

I need something rugged, an ATV plow woulnd't last on my tractor... my plows are built heavier than the ATV plows, and it's still easy to bend, so I need something tough. I need a standard vee plow, and a one-way plow. 45 inches max. I happen did see a one-way plow which was 42 inches wide (good width), but the guy wouldn't ship it. I am not interested in the ATV county plows or anything, not even their multi-position v plow, as I need a standard v-plow.

Any opinions? Thank-you.

2. Robo

Robo Senior Member

If you could find a couple of old straight blades you could fabricate what you need?? I don't know if you weld etc??
  3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I could, but it'd be more professional if I didn't have it, I'd need the ends of the blade tapered up as the snow banks on the side get deep.
  4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Whats the budget for one of these things? I might be able to help you maybe. Let me know. Email me at Eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz we'll talk.
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Ask your local DPW- sounds like you want the types of blades Bombardier equips their sidewalk machines with. The local DPW could probabily tell you where they got their equipment and put you on the right path.
  6. snow white

snow white Member

I Had A Fixed V Plow For Sidewalks Sold It A Month Back,check The Trackless Website Or Bombardier Municipal Equipment.