1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by turbo5560, Nov 6, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

so i got my new v and where the wings pivet there are wholes that boss says have to be greased. not a big deal i thought so i went to the auto parts store to find an attachment that would fit in the whole because there is no zert fitting. I found a pin style fitting that would fit in the whole but it was too small and grease came right back out the whole. Any one know what the heck i am talking about? if you do where can i get one of those things. Also a name would be helpful so i know what the heck it's called.
    Thanks!!!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey Brian I know exactly what you are talking about. I just did mine. It wasn't that bad. I can bring my gun over and grease your plow if ya want. Or I could just stop by. I went to car quest and bought mine. It was like 5bucks I think.

3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

thanks, but i think i really need to get one for myself. i'll go to carquest today. you know what it's called?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I can't remember off the top of my head but if you go to the counter ask for a grease fitting so you can grease the center of a boss plow they will know what you are talking about. Thats what I told them when I went there. They sell snow plow stuff too. Nothing much but.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Heres what your looking for turbo..grease gun thread ..scroll down and you'll see the pics. We call them a "needle adapter", but I'm not positive that's the parts store term for them..most any parts store will have them though.

6. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

thanks guys! so how did you gets yours for $5 Ryan? Mine was like $13.50. I got hosed!

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

What one did you get? I got the one that you have to unscrew about half of the factory assembly to get this one on. I think i was like 5 bucks. Maybe it was more, I can't really remember now. (guy that is going to bug me to because I just thru away the recipt) I know the one that was a quick disconnect was like 15 or something. Did you go to the one in zeeland? I just went to the one in Holland on Reily and butternut.

8. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

ya, i went to the zeeland one, but they are afiliated so i thought it would save me a trip to holland. i got one just like picture in the link above. i just unscrewed the end of the hose and screwed it right on. took like a minute.

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thats the same one I have. I don't know maybe it was more and I was just thinking 5 bucks for something else??????? I need to go to back to work. I am out of it after our rain day.