1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Question??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ChevYooper, Oct 2, 2007.

1. so this might be the dumbest question i've ever asked....

the front leaf springs on the 250 are bowing downward, opposite as the rears that bow upward (like all leaf springs)

Is this due to the weight of the plow overtime, and do i need to put new springs in b/c they might break soon???

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What year? I just looked at mine (02) and the fronts are more straight than bowed up.How are the shocks?
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nah, I've heard much stupider questions than that. More than likely, your springs are worn. Sometimes they can be rearched, but they might just need to be replaced. It happens with plow trucks, no big deal.

Bring it to a reputable spring shop and have them give you recommendations on what to do.
  4. Thanks guys, i figured it was a plow truck thing and that they were just worn out, i've just never seen it on a truck before i guess.

Its a 91 F250 with a 7.5 western pro plow......

thanks again
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

....like how to "short chain" a Boss or a Blizzard maybe Mark? Sorry couldn't help myself..:D
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

:D :D Yeah, something like that. xysport
  7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

if you bought it used it could be because the previous owner took out the stock springs and put on reversed arched ones. dont know much about it but ive seen it done. reverse springs take more weight. i had a friend with a set that offered to help me put them on mine. but the dumb ass didnt even realize i had ifs.

something like that.....
  8. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Before you go crazy swaping things and what not let me tell you that is normal. I don't know why but most of the springs on the front of the 250's and 350's were more or less flat or even reversed as you have them. If you look at any 80's or most 90's 250's and 350's you will see the same thing. You can get stiffer springs that would help any sag and look "normal" but it's not necessary.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I was about to post the same thing, look under the front of any stock solid axle pre '88 Chevy also, they are the same way.
  10. thanks alot guys i had clue if they were correct.

I'll leave them alone seeing that the truck does not sag at all