1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Letissnow, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Letissnow

Letissnow Junior Member

Real quick, what are timbrens? Are they springs. Ive heard of them but not sure of the use. Where can I get them, and can I install them myself?
    Thanx :drinkup:

2. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

They are a bump pad that replaces the factory bump stops. They are thicker and stiffer for the load. I got mine from www.bsaohio.com. They were like $145.00 delivered to my door. They are super easy to install. Do a search on Bad lucks install and that will give you an idea of how they install and what they look like. Breck :waving:

3. Letissnow

Letissnow Junior Member

Thanx, Appreciate it :)

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Some Fisher plow dealerships carry them.

5. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

they are worth every penny :salute:

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

AWDirect has them also- $158 a set I think. (awdirect.com) only they don;t call them "Timbrens", they only refer to them as Front suspension boosters or something like that.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The only stupid question is one that is not asked. :nod: :waving:

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are very easy to install except on my 2000, 3500 Dodge the top plate had to be welded. I don't know why. The web site said no welding but the instructions said to weld.

9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Ok, another stupid question- how is the ride with timbrens installed, with and without plow?

10. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Its not bad, you may be able to notice it a little bit but its not enough to really talk about. Breck :bluebounc

11. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

My timbrens don't touch unless there is a load on the truck so the ride is the same empty and with a load is a lot more stable.

12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

cool, Thanks. I saw them in AWdirect over the summer and have though about installing them now finding this site and hearing so much about them I am really interested. I hate having so much weight on my front end, being diesel. Guess I'll order set too!