1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by geist262, Dec 22, 2014.

1. geist262

geist262 Member

I adjusted my quill on my western ultramount to lower a little slower. I am having a bear of a time replacing the plastic cover. What is the proper procedure to put it on?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If it's a new straight blade you need to hook the bottom first and then the top. Sometimes the front hose elbow interferes so you might loosen the jam nut and rotate it a bit to give more room for the cover. Of course it's easiest if you pull the lift frame pins and drop it out of the way too.

3. geist262

geist262 Member

Yeah, it's a new midweight. That was the way I was trying to do it. I'm having a hard time getting the two top tabs to go on.

4. geist262

geist262 Member

I also have the lift arm disconnected. I'll give it another try knowing I'm doing it the correct way. Thanks.

5. geist262

geist262 Member

Got it. Thanks again.