1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stupid question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ihdriver7088, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

ok i have smartlight 2's on my v-xt and whats the conventional equivalent for that odd infrared bulb 9005 or 9006 i know its one of them

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

well 9005 and 9005 are both the same the way I read your post. Honestly I would thing 9005 though.

3. ihdriver7088

ones base is slightly larger than the other

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You even posted in it. :D

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=117325

5. ihdriver7088

that post was from 8 months ago i aint gonna remember that

hey b&b i have a friend with a 99 chevy 2500 silverado (new body style) with a boss 8'2" and smartlight 2's and when the plow is hooked up and the light switch is on "plow" the lights on the truck are still on any ideas were i should start????

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This a fresh install? Do the truck and plow lights work otherwise? If it's a yes to both, unplug the dual burn relay and retest.

7. ihdriver7088

well it was last year we installed it ourselves and yes the plow lights still work fine and i did unplug the relay today and the trucks lights are still on we also swapped out the "truck" "plow" switch as well

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the plow lamps switch on when the plow/truck lamp switch is flipped then there isn't a problem with the switch, it's doing it's job. Doesn't matter now, just an FYI for the future.

Pop the headlamps out and re-check the adapter plugs, make sure all four are connected on the "B" side. You only have to miss two of the four connections for it backfeed through the relay bank thus preventing the truck lamps from switching off when the plow lamps are switched on.

9. ihdriver7088

ok thanks that was our next item of buisness