1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid question: Is my hydaulic fluid low?? Boss Power V

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 90pioneer, Nov 5, 2011.

1. 90pioneer

90pioneer Junior Member

I have a brand new Boss Power V. When I put it in the position the blades are angled away from the truck, it chatters a little bit. Owners manual says my fluid might be low.

I checked the little elbow shaped fill port and I can't see any fluid in it. Does this mean it is low?

I need to use the plow tomorrow morning and the Boss dealer is closed. Should I run it low on fluid or what should I do???
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I have never worked with a boss before but from what you described, it sounds like its low. With the plow down and the wings in scoop, ck the fluid. should be right at the bottom of the fill.
  3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

if you would of posted this in the boss thread you would of gotten more responses... its either low or your solenoid wires are loose
  4. stoneexc2

stoneexc2 Member

you should check the fluid with the plow veed back and lowered and the fluid should show in the elbow and I wouldn't run it with it low since it gets air in your lines