1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid ques: which of the 3 pin positions to use?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by phlaug, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. phlaug

phlaug Junior Member

I have an older Meyer 7.5' plow and I've not been able to figure out the difference (if any) between using the middle, bottom, or top pin position when connecting the A-frame to the truck frame.

I know it impacts how many spacers I'll need on the shoes based on the different angle, but beyond that, I have not been able to detect any difference in how the plow removes snow.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the three positions? (Basically, I wind up picking by which one is closest to lined up when I go to push the pin in!) :confused:

Thanks!

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Use the set of holes that keeps the a-frame level when the plow is down.

3. phlaug

phlaug Junior Member

Will do, thanks.

(Am I correct to guess that the reason for doing so is to most effectively transfer the forces to the truck frame, with the least amount of tendency for the plow to float up (pinned too low) or the board to want to snap forward (pinned too high)?)

4. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

yes that is correct all snowplow manufacturers reccomend having the a frames as level as possible as i know on my old meyer i couldnt do that since my truck was lifted a couple inches so i just used my bottom holes

5. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

its also so the blade can angle side to side without puttin pressure on either edge of the plow if a frames off it applies down pressure

6. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

It should be 10.5" to the center of the pins

7. phlaug

phlaug Junior Member

Thanks everyone--appreciate the information!