1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid new guy questions....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by stewthesoldier, Nov 8, 2007.

1. stewthesoldier

stewthesoldier Junior Member

Rig is a 1994 F150, with a 7.5 Myer E60. Mainly will be plowing my rather large driveway with a few residential and small commercial contracts. Had to have one angle rams rebuilt due to it filling with water over the summer. (Quick connects are now installed to keep the water out.) My main question, is it necessary to use the flushing fluid? How safe is it gonna be for me to just fill and bleed the system? Also is the Myer M1 fluid what I need or is there another brand/type that be in my best interest to use? THANKS IN ADVANCE! This is a great site with a wealth of information!

-stew-

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would definatley flush and re-fill the system. Meyers "hydra-flush" is a great product. I would use the Meyer fluid when filling. Good Luck this winter. You may get more responses in the Meyer forum too.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: Welcome aboard stew! The flushing fluid works good and if the system has never been flushed that your aware of, I'd recommend going ahead and doing it now..and also removing and cleaning the filters is cheap insurance to keep the plow as dependable as it can be...

I'd also use the genuine Meyer fluid on the refill as some of the aftermarket plow oil isn't the greatest at preventing freeze ups and other issues...