1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid Kickstand

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 042500hd, Jan 22, 2005.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Just a reminder for all of you guys with kickstands on your plow......Don't forget to raise it!!!!

BentStand.jpg

2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Wow! How far did you go before you realized that it was down? I bet it made quite the noise.

3. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

No Noise

I was in the middle of plowing my seventh drive when I looked at an area I just plowed and saw the drag line from it. I remember hearing a scraping noise on the fourth drive but that drive has a gutter at the end and occasionally the plow frame will scrape it, I know that's where it got bent. Anyhow I hope I don't forget it again.

4. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Looks like you should be able to fix it..? How much are those anyway? I'm probably going to have to buy one someday... :rolleyes:

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Cheap

They're only $30 but if it happens a couple times I could see it getting expensive.

6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

That's no kickstand.

7. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Easy fix there guy...... :nod:

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I read this last night before I went out and wouldn't you know at the second location I here a really bad scraping noise and feel like the truck is dragging to the right while backing up. I think oh S**t I broke the front dive shaft. So I get out and the pin that holds that leg in place came out somewhere and the leg was dragging. It didn't get bent and I used the pin out of my hitch and was back up a running. What are the chances of that happening with in a few hours of reading your post?

9. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

That sux! Don't let your girlfriend/wife get by any pregnant ladies now!!

10. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

You're not kidding, I hope he posts he won the lotto today or something big like that. I might be in good shape. LOL