1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stupid coolant leak, where are you? 06, 5.9l cummins

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cmo18, Dec 14, 2010.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Hi guys, so every time its cold out and i start the truck there will be a good amount of rad fluid under the truck. But I cant find out where its coming from. I noticed on the passenger side firewall there is a short piece of hose beneath the heater core tube that's open and I was wondering if you guys with the same truck have the same open hose.

In the picture its in the lower left corner above the piece of pipe

I also herd that there is a piece of pipe with hose clamps that could be loose and leaking on the passenger side of the motor. I believe I've found it and will try to put high pressure hose clamps on it.

IMG00058-20101214-1607.jpg

2. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

That is the ac/heater condensation drain from inside the truck. Do you smell anti-freeze in the truck with the heat on? Are the windows getting a film on them? Sounds like the heater core may be leaking if anti-freeze is dripping out of that hose. Just did one on my Dodge. What a PITA.:mechanic:

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I don't know if its dripping from there but its dripping from that side. I was just checking to see if other trucks are like that in case a damm squirrel or mouse got up in there and chewed a hose all to ****...i've done a heater core in the past and yes it is a fun filled day.
    Still not sure where its leaking from

4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

behind the header? small piece maybe 3 inch long?

6. sno commander

from ct

thats the one!

7. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

man are those ever hard to get at.

On the bright side of things, I ordered a set of gauges today for the truck. Sno commander are you running any gauges?

8. sno commander

from ct

yea i got gauges on mine. auto meter phantoms. i like how they look and they arent as bright as others. bright enough to read them but not too bright to blind you.

9. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

you running boost, trans temp and egt?

i orded some off diesel manor...anything else done to your truck?

10. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

I gotta tighten mine from time to time too. It's an 06. That's the little hose you're looking for. Common problem really and a quick fix. Getting at it is the problem.

11. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

same coolant leak on my 06.

12. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

mine is leaking too and already did the short line with hose clamps.

13. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Mines hasnt leaked since i replaced the hose clamps...knock on wood..

does any of your guys truck make a suction noise when going from Reverse to Drive?