1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stupid biker

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by qualitycut, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

So I was backing out of a lot to let a car out and there was a guy on a bike ( I was plowing) about a block down he got up to my truck and yelled at me to get out of the way. Lol for one its snowing and why are you riding your bike and for two use the damn sidewalk. Sorry had to rant was pissing me off the rest of the night for some reason.

2. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Maybe he was just PO'd because his truck was sitting at home w/ a wheel lock and party plates...so he had to ride his bike and then saw you doing what he wished he could be doing.

3. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

As an avid cyclist, I can tell you that he has to follow the same rules as an automobile. It is illegal for a cyclist to ride on the sidewalk. A cyclist can take the lane any time he or she wants to.

I don't get the hostility towards cyclists.

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You must be joking. Cyclists are some of the most rude people on the road! If you want to ride on the road, do so in a manner that does not impede traffic. If I were in my truck going 10 mph in a 40 mph zone and me and a buddy of mine were blocking up all the lanes cause we decided we had to ride side by side just to be jerks and block traffic cause we think we are cool in our spandex, do you think people would be honking at us as well? You're darn right. You are going to get honked at for going 20 under whether you are in a truck, car, on on a bicycle. Use your brain and act responsibly.

5. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

There are many reasons a cyclist will block the lane. Mostly because it is unsafe for a car to pass at that point. Cyclist don't block traffic, they are traffic. Just because their mode of transportation is smaller then yours doesn't make them any less significant.

What is the problem with waiting 30 seconds to pass when it is safe? What is the rush? leave the house on time and slow down.

Oh, what does athletic clothing have to do with this?

6. nekos

nekos Senior Member

2 times a year all the cyclists gather in my area gather for their pretend tour de france ...
    it's like 400 + 50 year old men in spandex , it's horrorfying !

anyway, they are a major PITA but they at least try not to be giant jerks so i can't complain to much.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I gotta agree here. Cyclist pose a danger to themselves and all other traffic on the road. They travel at very slow speed (compared to posted speed limit), and rarely (in my neck of the woods anyway) follow the laws that they are supposed to. ie. turn signals, stop signs, ride to the right, lights, etc. Also, when convenient to them, the sidewalk is suddenly a legal way to drive. Can you image if I took off down the sidewalk because the street was plugged up??? How about riding across a crosswalk and expecting the same courtesy as a pedestrian? Sorry, you are not a pedestrian if still riding your bike.

Traveling rural roads is even more dangerous, as there are no paved shoulders, and sometimes no shoulders at all. Try coming around a corner (at or even below the posted speed limit) and suddenly be atop a cyclist!! It is very dangerous for both the motorist and the cyclist. I can't image having to navigate around cyclist while driving a big rig.

Many, a majority, of the cyclist that come through my area in the summer, who are mostly tourists, have a "holier than thou" type of attitude and enjoy very much slowing traffic while not following any laws themselves. It's actually quite frustrating. It's really fun trying to get around a group of cyclist (10+) while towing a 20ft landscape trailer that also sticks out a foot and a half on each side. Tell me how to do that safely when I can go for miles on end without a passing zone???

Sorry for the rant.....I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed. :)

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

When bicycles are registered and pay taxes to pay for the roads and bike pathes that I paid for, then I will start to care.
    Until then, GTFO my road freeloaders.

9. JDiepstra

Athletic clothing LOL

10. JDiepstra

Thank you!!!!!!

11. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

You're welcome!:waving:

Happy New Year!!!!!:jester:

12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I was going to say something to that effect

The only thing worse is cross country skiers on the snowmobile trail

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  13. hero419

hero419 Member
    from nepa

I know I am not going to change anybodies minds here I'm just stating the facts. Look it up. Your state DOT web site will have all the information available.

14. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

id love to see the day when someone gets pulled over for passing the spandex warriors who are riding five wide in the lane not obeying any rules becasue they are on a bike
    get out of the way im in a truck your on a bike end of story.

15. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I really like when these asshats have to ride in the lane of traffic because the paved bike path (not the sidewalk) is for "walkers" We pay for the paths to be paved, plowed in winter but they have to ride in the lane of traffic when there is not room.Then after this they still blow through red lights, swerve in the lane and gennerally do what they want. This is why most of us have no respect for these two wheel morons.

16. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Yea what everybody else said... It's the cruising through red lights or suddenly deciding to take the pedestrian area at lights the fries my azz. I used to ride quads with a good ole boy & he had a biker yell at him once for crowding him on a road With his truck & trailer. The good ole boy hollered back. " when you pay as much for a bicycle license as I do for my truck license then we'll talk" In Boulder they are the worse tho.

17. big acres

big acres Senior Member

The problem I have with bikers is that the want to be treated like a car when it's convenient for them, but then they ride through red lights. WTF, pick one or the other. When I make a point to wait and safely pass, only to have the biker ride through the next light so I have to do it again, it gets aggravating.

In Minneapolis, we have large groups of "bicycle anarchists" as I call them, who take up all lanes intentionally, run throught lights, cut across oncoming traffic making drivers slamm on their brakes, etc... These are total idots and if one or two more get pancaked, like a few that already have, maybe they will learn.

People who ride respectfully, or pull over if they have slowed the same group of cars for a long time... they get respect from me. But the much larger majority of holier-than-thou idiots can kiss my arse.

18. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

A buddy has a sticker on his truck that says- "Spandex- a priviledge not a right" :D

I naturally thought that applied only to women and never thought about the possibility it might apply to some old man. Yikes! Oh, the humanity!

19. Indy

Indy Senior Member

That's FUNNY, I just P'd my spandex!!!!! It's OK though, it dries fast!!:jester:

20. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I agree, some should be arrested... fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg

However there are always a few exceptions...

fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg

naked-bike-ride-london.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.