1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stumped-e47 will not raise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cpmi, Jan 18, 2011.

1. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

I am thouroughly stumped here guy's. Got and e47 pump that was professionally rebuilt before the season. Used most of the day today and now will not raise. I have replaced the b valve and b coil,check the filters,fluid etc. It has the old school twin toggle switches. When I hit the toggle to raise it goes left. I bench tested the unit applying 12 volts to the coil and here the coil activating. Would a bad toggle switch cause this problem? Thanks for your help.

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Sounds like you're not getting power to the b valve, could be a switch or more likely a bad connection between the switch and solenoid... got a test light or voltmeter?

3. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Just checked-got 12 volts at the red wire when I hit the raise switch- this is really driving me crazy-never had a problem that I couldn't figure out before

4. eriklane

eriklane Member

E47 wont raise

So you have power in red and a clicking B valve...Pump runs, then doesn't that almost eliminate everything but a check valve or that top right side piston stuck or something? Or is one of your hoses stuck open?

5. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

Just happened to me before the storm yesterday. I had to put all new wiring from my touchpad controller to the pump.

6. eriklane

eriklane Member

E47 wiring

My first reaction was that your wiring was somehow shorting out...glad you got it.

7. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

E-47 wont raise

Sounds like your PA block is bad according to Meyer repair manual, if you replaced B valve and coil and it still angles left you will need to replace PA block and possibly the base.Hope this helps Don.

8. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Fixed!

First of al thanks for all the suggestions and help. Replaced both switches and works. Don't understand how I could have been getting 12V at the B coil and it still not raise. Only thing I can think of is the angle switch was bad and was not releasing the C coil? In any event-it's all fixed and thanks again-much appreciated.

9. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

E-47 wont raise

Thats much cheaper than having to replace the PA block you got lucky.

10. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

What kind of controller did you replace?

11. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Guess its possible the switch was powering the b & c coil, I'd plug the old switch in and check to see if thats the case.... wierd