1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Studding CTL tracks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTSolutions, Jan 31, 2015.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone ever done this? We have an asv but I'd like to use my 299d and the ctl tracks are nowhere near as good as the mtl's. Since it's this late in the season, I don't want to buy polar tracks but might for next winter.

So was just wondering if this is a viable temporary option.

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I bought Grip studs for my ASV when it was at a hilly HOA. It made a huge difference. The next year they sealed all the pavement so I didn't use them again. They do scratch the pavement

3. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

Do you remember which model you got? I'd like something lower profile but their chart recommends something taller. Also quantity recommended?

This unit is plowing in a cluster home HOA, so it is a similar situation to you. The whole place is shaped like a rounded rectangle and the east side is higher than the west, so it's one big slope. We do the streets as well and its about 1.5 lane miles total.