1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Studded tires for plowing?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Jshaw999, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Jshaw999

Jshaw999 Junior Member

someone gave me a couple studded snows that will fit my truck. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using them for plowing? I do mostly residential blacktop drives with quite a few hills and thought they might be helpful. Truck does not get much use besides plowing in winter. Thanks
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You already got the tires so throw them on. They make a big difference.
  3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I don't think there is anyone on this site that would say not to use them.. The whole idea about plowing is around traction because 9.9 out 10 time you run out of traction before power. DEFINITELY use them...
  4. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Especially in CT - you guys get the kind of ice that studs are made for. If you got two, I'd put 'em up front.
  5. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We have 4 studded snow tires on one of our trucks and they are worth every penny. Once you try them you will never go back to all seasons.