1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stud in Headlamp Housing - MM 1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dmjr77, Dec 2, 2007.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Has anyone had a problem with the adjustment stud in the bottom of the headlamp housing just spin and not tighten up? I have 3 that went bad. How much do those housings run?

2. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

i have one where the stud and nut are rusty and wont loosen or tighten, the whole headlight spins when i put the ratchet to it. headlight assemblies are $90 a pair at NAPA around here, they are made by grote, the company that makes them for fisher but they look a little different. i think, and im not sure about this, but a buddy of mine said individual headlights from fisher are around $150??? seems high but anyway its OEM.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

for right around $200 you can get a prewired, brand new set of fisher intensifires all set and ready to go....MUCH better light than the old style in all ways!!

4. ashsupply

ashsupply Junior Member
    from nh

fisher has the housing and stud part #8796

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I just got a set of the traditional MM lights today and they are practically brand spankin' new. I am going to anti seize the heck out of the studs and up inside the metal bracket.

I also have a set of the old aluminum fisher lights that are rusted on. I need to cut the nut off (haha !) and clean up the threads to save them.

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

light weight

man i tell you every body i have see make headlights the stud mount area's is were they fall down ,the only exception i have seen is the light's made for curtis plow's it's three time's thicker than any body else's,on every body else's, the first time you have to loosen them up the slot in the base strip's out .you just about have to use a nut splitter on them before you try to loosen them .