1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blazin, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Cleaning up around my own yard today. Decided to push the bank back at the foot of my pond!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ice wasn't quite thick enough!!
    [​IMG]

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats nothin, pictures to follow. Give me a min

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Nice going! How did u get put?

4. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

i think u went a little to far hope u het it out

5. firelwn82

and.......... here you are. 2 n' 1/2 hours later and $300 lighter in the pocket

truckstuck1.jpg

Truckstuck2.jpg

Truckstuck3.jpg

Truckstuck4.jpg

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Found the edge. Now put a stick up with a red rag tied to it. :dizzy:

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

No joke. I always wonder how people manage to get into that mess when a $1 stake would have probably solved the problem.

8. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Yeah little tug from my buddies 79 K30 pick up and she was on all fours again!
    Years ago a buddy of mine came to work. ( I worked at the local Ford dealer ) He asked the service manager if he could borrow the wrecker that night after work. The F700! he proceeded to explain that he had been plowing his 3 acre pond off the night before for a New Years eve skating party he and his wife had planned. Well seems his right front tire broke through the ice. He figured ah he will pull it out tomorrow with his neighbors tractor. He got up the next morning all he could see was the rear bumper, tail lights, & and tailgate! It took us about 6 hours with chainsaws and the F700 to drag it back to shore!
    As far as stakes. Its my own yard I knew where the edge was, just pushed my luck! As you can see in the pics I had already been a little farther out on the ice. I drilled a hole after, it is plenty thick, just not at the edge! i have a few customers that stake there own driveways, other than that i know where the edge is. Also those custmer stakes are always to close to the edge of the drive for snow piles later in the year so I useually plow them up into the pile that is 20' farther out the first or second storm!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  9. firelwn82

Thats the stupid funny part of it. First time in 3 years I staked this drive. Guess I should get more then 6 hours of sleep for the week before a storm rolls through ay...... :cry: theres more. This happened when I backed into a semi trailer.... Called a buddy and he finished my route for me and I went to sleep. BAD BAD DAY

Tailight.jpg

10. bigmike1289

bigmike1289 Junior Member

thats really funny ive seen so pretty funny stuck stories including my own in which an 89 bronco that i had got stuck and mud out on a trail and i was waiting for a friend with a winch and when i went back to get the truck unstuck it was stolen

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

At least it's a ford. :angel:

HAHAha j/k ford guys.

That sucks ya got the truck. I destroyed a salter last year when it found a light pole backing up. Same post the year before I managed to sideswipe it in the rear qtr. :dizzy:

Some days ya win and some ya break even. ;)

12. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I plow the driveway of the house I grew up in. A few years ago managed to back into a very large pine tree that was there before I was born !! Talk about feeling like an idiot!

13. firelwn82

Now that would suck ass. I'll show you this one too. Stuck in stinky muck 3 hours, good thing we had a cooler full of beers...... after a night of drinkin I mean bowling. I dont have one of the truck in the hole but one of the hole a day later and us after we got home. The ****** thing was I had to work at the Fire station at 8am, got home and 645. Yeah called in sick with the brown bottle FLU

the mud zone 005.jpg

the mud zone 009.jpg

14. firelwn82

Yeah my buddy told me to go around the fence that I was just gonna rip out of the ground, ha ha. Never listen to him again.

15. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ouch, 2 1/5 hours getting that truck out...and it looks cold to. At least its out in one piece.

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Man, how did you get the scottsdale out? Looks like it tore the Ford up when you went into that hole

17. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

" Yeah little tug from my buddies 79 K30 pick up and she was on all fours again! "

18. firelwn82

Nope the Ford is all good. wesport

19. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

I went in the ditch in a big snowstorm before Christmas with my 3 ton plow truck with the sander full of material. Needless to say after one good samaritan broke their tow strap and almost put the chain through my windshield, another tow truck(5500 flatbed) broke their winch, I had to call in a heavy tow truck to get me out. Because of the weather and the other failed attempts, I was in the ditch for 10.5 hours and it was minus 20 with windchill. Thankfully I had a full tank of fuel. That was an expensive mistake, but on the bright side, although my stuff got plowed really late, at least I finally got some sleep (on a 45 degree angle).

I did not take pictures. But I like yours! Especially firelwn82s.

20. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

$300 bucks to get pulled out of the ditch during a snow storm by what looks like two tow trucks .... That's not a bad deal at all.