1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck Up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jemery_10point, Dec 12, 2009.

1. jemery_10point

jemery_10point Junior Member

Diamond 7 foot plow. It is stuck in the up position.Hydraulics work side to side and up but plow will not come down. Anyone know exactly what it is so I don't have to keep replacing parts until I find the problem?

2. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

Yup u either got bad a coil or stuck a valve, my meyers did the same thing and diamon and meyers are the same i am pretty sure, i bought a new coil and valve and the problem was fixed did i need to buy both no but figured i would kill two birds with one stone

3. jemery_10point

jemery_10point Junior Member

Thanks for the help. Yes Diamond is made by Meyers. I figured this was the problem, but like I said I didn't want to start replacing uneccessary expensive parts. I'm just a residential plower and don't have much experience with the mechanical aspect involved in it. But I am learning.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it will be the small coil.