1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stuck to the left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by stunter2boy79, Dec 1, 2009.

1. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

have a e47 and i flushed the system and filled w blue meyers fluid. cycled the fluild thru the system. plow moves left and right. up and down. but if i move it to the right it like studders to get there. it doesnt move as fast as if i would have it go left. now if i move it to the left past a certain point it will not move back to the right. the pump and all make noise but it needs a big push to get going. (standing in front of the blade) i took the left ram hose off and there was alot of pressure in it, i took the right ram hose off and it didnt have that kind of pressure as the left. i took the coupler off and blew air thru it, havent put it back on yet due to me doin some reading here and came up with maybe the c coil is goin bad or need to replace the o rings on it. im goin to check the c coil later today.

does it sound like a bad couple or the c coil?
    sorry for it being a long one.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

May simply have some air in it still. Pump pressure may be a bit weak on it as well.
  3. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

what is the best way to go about fixing this? that would cause one ram to have more fluid and pressure in it than the other ram>
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pressure difference in the hoses is simply because it's trying to angle.

Stuttering to the right is usually only caused by 2 things....

1) Bad quick coupler
    2) Bad or contaminated C valve (or weak C valve coil)

But more often than not it's caused by air trapped in the system or a low fluid level.
  5. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

To me it sound like it may be a quick coupler problem. Is this unit new to this plow? If so make sure that both sides of the quick coupler match (They have eather a ball end or a Pointed end). yous stated you need to puch it to get it started and there was pressure behind the left ram hose. I would look at the quick couplers first.
  6. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I agree with B&B and 33.... look into the couplers. Mine did something similar a couple of winters back. Looked into about everything electrical only to find out it was mechanical. New couplers on the hoses and the pump, and I was up and running again.

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If your couplers are hard to uncouple then you have a bad coupler.
  8. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

sorry been a sec since i told you guys what happen. well i change both couples and still no angle left. guess its time to get to the c valve and see what ups with it
  9. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

So, was it the C valve?
  10. Dog-pile-plow

Dog-pile-plow Junior Member
    from Ohio

Check the O-rings (B careful of the orientations) on the C-coil, the stuttering may only be air in cylinder...add slack to lift chain..hang plow over curb so that back of rams are higher then front, cycle back and forth ###, unit will self-purge. Sticking to the left can be a "knee lock" issue do to worn pivots...place temperary shim on left stop to confirm (piece of 2x4 works). Angle left is a natural action when only motor runs...nothing else gets activated! Angle right C-coil active + motor runs
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  11. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

it started working right after i push it on a curb down the street. now it moves right and left but sure it wont last long.
  12. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Yep sounds like couplers to me! I just had the same intermittent stuck and won't turn problem with mine. Do ALL the couplers, I couldn't get one off so I left it till later. PITA pin style that I couldn't get off was the problem. Got it and the hose swapped and been good since.
  13. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

o forgot to add did switch both couples and added a new hose also. so still working good today but now a fuel problem w the truck