1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck Piston?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by chops4864, Apr 17, 2010.

1. chops4864

chops4864 Junior Member

Hey, everyone.
    A buddy of mine is looking to buy an MD75, and the guy that ownes it now says that he had to replace the lifting piston because it had froze. Is this an issue, or not?
    HOpe to hear from anyone soon Thanks.

2. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, I never had a problem. I also haven't had it for long either! Could he had left it uncovered outside? I know it is a dumb question, but thought it might help!
  3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Check the valves, had to sit one of mine in mineral spirits
  4. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I had my lift piston and left angle piston freeze on me.But the took care of it .And mine was inside garage all summer.So I will see what happens when I take it out again.But it is GREAT plow..And they stand behind them
  5. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

one of my subs has a md75, and he was told by his dealer to lightly tap it into a fixed object and it will get unstuck. I had seen this happen to him on at least two occasions last season.