1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck pics

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by speedracer241, Feb 16, 2003.

1. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

We had a nice 12 1/2 inch storm this weekend. Real wet and heavy.
    Just got finished with the pay accounts for the first time and decided to do my spot behind the house.
    Didn't realize how much ice was under the snow.
    Here is where I wound up:D
    Mark K

2. speedracer241

Heres the other side:D

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Stuck sucks

Been there....Done that.....busted the axles and everything.

Learned alot about the right tool for the job.

4. Waterchikn

Waterchikn Senior Member

Sno Pics!

I can't wait to see all the pics from this storm. Its going to be great. Post em!!!! I didn't get any snow from this storm, so I might as well "see" what it looks like!
  5. speedracer241

Heres my rescue.
    The positrac axels worked against him this time and sucked him into the ditch too.

6. speedracer241

Heres the last pic.
    We had to bring in another Dodge to get them out. The old tow strap got a workout:D
    I hope I'm not the only one here, anyone else got any pics post em here.
    Mark K

7. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Stuck Dodge and Blazer

This would have never happened if you had your chains on !!

Those of you who will be out in tonight's blizzard please chain up- nobody will be out there to tow you out if you slide and get stuck.
  8. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Your buddy's old blazer brings back some memorys. My father bought one just like it brand new back in I belive 1971 and I had my very first ride in it on the way home from the hospital in 1975. It was the same color and everything. It's funny to think how luxurious trucks have become since then. Anyway, I know this thread is about being stuck but I had to comment.
  9. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

well now that you mention it,,heres one from 2001---> 7' snowfall:

90 stuck1.jpg
  10. speedracer241

And I thought I was stuck....
    Earthscapes puts me to shame.

Mark K
  11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Mark what kind of tires are you running? At least is was a respectable snow to get stuck in, After not having had a good storm like that for a few years, it was a real test to see who the dedicated guys were and who the scrubs were! great pics, glad you didnt break anything!
  12. snowfighterG

snowfighterG Member

earthscapes stuck

Earthscapes gets the prize for the best stuck pic I've seen recently!!!
  13. speedracer241

I agree:D

Surely there has to be some more pics.
    Even if they arent plowtrucks:eek:
    Mark K

The tires are Kumho Powergard AT's. They have pretty decent traction, usually:eek: .
    Mark K
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2003
  14. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Well we haven't had much for snow this year to get stuck in, so here's what I got. I actually drove out of this on my own, no help from a Toyota this time.:D

15. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Earthscapes- that's an impressive stuck.
  16. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I am fortunate enough to say I have never been stuck. (In the snow anyway) One thing i ALWAYS do is walk the drive or area to be plowed. I carry a trench shovel and check the conditions. Especially on areas that have been neglected and plowed after three storms. Be careful man and take a little precaution. It doesn't hurt to spend 3 minutes and walk a path to check what's underneath. Watch I'll go out and get stuck like chuck this next storm. heh heh
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  17. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

I got one for ya thats worth a chuckle as the lamest stuck you've ever seen.

It dosent look like Im stuck here, but the mound of snow was ice hard, and my frame got hung up on it half way through, teetering just enough that I couldnt get any traction from the front or the rear axle. Oblviously, my buddy couldnt help but capture the moment.

18. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

got stuck last night. was pushing back a bank running up my drive just to do it. anyway on the side it drops off and i got to close and got sucked in. cant get out forward so try reverse. it's working untill i come to sudden stop. what happend is there is a stump there. wasn't stuck but couple minutes when neighbor was going by stops to help. tries pulling me out with his small truck. not working so start digging still not working so dig some more. thats when i find problm. truck is stuck good. seems the stump is caught in between front axle and plow push beam. so it wasn't going anywhere. time to call AAA. he got me out but broke one of his cables in process. sorry no pics.
  19. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Speedracer, I love the last picture with your dog in it. He looks like a micro mini moose.
  20. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

The dog in the pic is a male Vizsla puppy, probably 3 months old in that pic.
    He's just a little over 2 years old now and a complete knot head, but a very good dog.

Oh yeah, one day my Speedracer profile just quit working so now I'm Grotecguy.

Thanks for bringing those pics back up, I had forgotten all about them.

Surely some other members have some more stuck pics???

Mark K