1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck in a ditch... HELP!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SuperdutyShane, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Okay guys I was finishing up my plowing today and I started sliding and ended up with my tire in the ditch... I called all the local towing companies and AAA wont cover it because it has a plow? I dont know what the heck the liability is?

Some pics of my good birthday:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SuperdutyShane

3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You should keep your mouth zip about not say plow. When they come they would say oh well that not look bad and they pull out.

I been in that worst than that picture. It was slide in pond so I just tuck chains on rear tires so it got out easy.

If you have any chains you could tuck rear tires then use 4L try slow backup without spin rear tire.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bag of rock salt would of gotten you out.

5. SuperdutyShane

My friend is going to bring his 320 over tomorrow morning. I cant do it now cause my dad is sleeping and he gets like 3 hours of sleep a night cause he has to be up at 11:30.

Next time, I wont mention the plow if I call any towing companies.

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

put it in drive punch it move a little hit brake slamm it in reverse punch it do that till you get out. trust me it will work. and get some rock salt like GV said.

7. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

If you cant add weigth in the back just get some quick cement and throw it under the tires let it set for a few minutes and back out

8. SuperdutyShane

I dont have any salt and cant get to the store til tomorrow :cry:

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Better yet shane want to pull ya out with the GMC??? :laughing:

10. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Dude goose it a little bit you can get her out all day

11. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Dude get a shovel and some salt. Thats nothing you got three wheels on good ground.

12. SuperdutyShane

I hope your being sarcastic..? If I go an inch farther the whole side is going to drop..

13. fernalddude

I guess that you are mobile and have no tools or anything else with you is this correct?

14. SuperdutyShane

I dont think the pictures do it justice but the front axle is basically resting on the ground..

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

You said you were in the ditch already. Trust me I have been in worse situations. I have been in the ditch totally. Or the plow hopped over the snow banks and the entire front end got hung up. Is the front tire in or out of the ditch?

16. SuperdutyShane

No we have tools and stuff but I cant think of what tools I would use to get this out..?

17. SuperdutyShane

In the ditch lol

18. fernalddude

if you have your phone call me 513-404-0869

19. SuperdutyShane

By the way, its farther in since the pictures were taken. Not much farther but enough that the axle is now on the ground.

20. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

to bad ur so far away I love pulling things out.