1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stuck angled right - Please Help e-47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jason Pallas, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

I've got a problem and I hoping my plowsite brothers can come throught for me again with some good advice.

When I angle this plow all the way to the right it sticks/freezes at the extreme. When I try to angle back, it takes several tries (usually short "bumps" to the control) to "unlock" it - then it angles back fine.
    The plows runs fine otherwise. It will angle back and forth fine and ONLY sticks when its angled all the way over to the right exteme.

I've changed couplers all the way around, replaced the c coil and valve, flushed and replaced the fluid, checked all electrical connections (the motor does run when trying to angle back to the left - so, it's not an electrical problem).

Can you guys give me any other advice? Really appreciate the help.

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

After it locks up go out and unplug the couplers. Is it hard to unplug? Now lift the plow and plug the lines together and manualy swing the plow from side to side going till it stops. Is that hard to do? Post you results and we can go from there....Rob

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The center pivot on Meyer plows wear causing the unit to "Over Center" weld 1/2 inch blocks on the angle stops to cure this problem.

4. Whip

Whip Member

Crossover valve.

5. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Had the same problem with mine when I got it. It sat for a couple of years and when I first angled it it would stick. But the more I used it the better it got. Now it dosen't stick at all.