1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Structure warranty question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Feb 15, 2008.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Does it cover bent pieces as well?

I bent a plate that bolts to the side of the piston assembly. Not affecting operation or anything but if it's under warranty I'd like to have it taken care of in the off season.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The 5 year structural warranty covers poor workmanship or defects in the manufacturing process. If there were a cold weld failure that caused the bending I would recommend that you take into your retailer for evaluation. If not I would say you did something causing it to bend. JMO

3. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

Turbo they will say that everytime i have had them not cover welds that lifted off of other metal it was such a weak weld that it didnt even fully penetrate. So get used to it while you still own the plow. :(

4. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it is hard for snoway to say if it is warranty if they cannot see it when something bends it is hard to say weather or not it is poor craftsmanship or weather you hit something to bend it most of the time when i see a snoway bending or breaking it is being abused and snoway cant warranty everything just because someone has misused their plow... JMO

5. lawnsrusinc.

how about welds lifting not cracking is that covered? How about steel cracking in 2 not even bending?

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

pictures would be nice!

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

if welds are "lifting" it is possible it could be a cold weld and that kind of thing can happen but when steel is cracking is there stress cracks what is causing that to crack where is it cracking where are the welds lifting? what does your dealer say?

8. lawnsrusinc.

Well my dealer went out of business and then i took it to another dealer and they said this is missing parts bolts it is clearly evident that it was improperly installed. Its one of those things that you just now need to live with i guess and now i know what i dont want next time i purchase. A frame welds lifted light tower missing bolts causing it to bend front bar behind mold board cracked. I do 8 driveways i was told the plow is made for my house my grandmas and a neighbor i guess thats a right assumption of the plow. Hi Tom :)

9. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

It was an issue where a piece bent because I left the kickstand down. Definitely my fault. That's why I was asking if a bent piece was covered or not. Haven't had any issues thus far other than that which was my fault.

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

if a piece bent because you left the kickstand down then no its not covered...

11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

maybe thats why your dealer went out of bussiness.... what model plow do you have?

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like a dealer issue to me. get a hold of Steve or Andy in Tech they'll help you out if your having a dealer issue. I've always found SW to stand behind their warranty better then some of the dealers are willing too.

13. lawnsrusinc.

yea i guess i dont know what to expect from other dealers inregards to warranty issues because they have never gone in. I have talked to steve andy many times hi tom