1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Strong Aluminum!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ChicagoSnow, Jan 15, 2003.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I must say, that after 2 hours of "pick axing" frozen salt out of a TruckCraft aluminum pick up truck dump insert, I am impressed!

I know I could have taken the truck inside a heated shop to thaw the frozen salt, I know I could have possibly sprayed hot water from a car wash perhaps into the bed to loosen the salt......... but it was one of those afternoons that I started prying the concrete like salt from the TruckCraft bed, and I just couldnt stop!

My point is..........., besides being almost mumified in the 15 degree temperature for 2 hours, the grade of aluminum the TruckCraft insert is made from is really exceptional. The bed has been struck, full swing with pick ax, sledge hammer and yes...... even a 7' steel 1" diam. pry bar, and NO signs of dings or damage.

These "tool misses" were not intentional on my subs truck, the job is done, and I think I sold myself on a TruckCraft aluminum insert.

Have you used or operated the aluminum (not steel) in heavy duty operations?

The price for this unit is quite high, but teamed with their tail gate electric salter it could be a winning combination.

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Here I'm thinking why would this guy do this to his own truck, and then you said... "These "tool misses" were not intentional on my subs truck..." and then I understood.

Can't help your question though, but I got a chuckle.